Sunday 5 February 2017

Database design and development

The good old Open University supplied my theoretical dB training.

The best book on relational database analysis and design remains, I am sure, although I have not looked lately, Richard Veryard's Pragmatic Data Analysis, now out of print and selling for a surprising from £35 on Amazon.

As regards development, I am rather in the dark. I have often thought that it would be good to build a Mondrian database (that would be PMdB, rather than MPdB) and so have bought a number of PHP and SQL primers in the past, but gave them to Greenwich's Oxfam bookshop in the last library clearout. This time, I'm starting with Larry Ullman's PHP and MySQL for Dynamic Web Sites.
Other contenders are:

Later that day - I have picked up four 1-penny (or a little more) second hand books from Amazon and will list any that prove worthwhile.




No comments:

Post a Comment